[CUWiN-Dev] ETX metric in Quagga on Linux

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Jun 8 00:56:43 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 03:02:05PM +1000, Dan Flett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I like the idea of the ETX metric a lot, and I'm wondering - how easy would
> it be to port to Linux to integrate it with the Linux version of Quagga?
> >From a casual look through the CU-Wireless CVS I note that ETX seems to
> reference HSLS stuff a lot - can ETX be used with other routing protocols?
> I'd like to try using it with BGP.

Dan,

Our ETX messages piggyback on HSLS Hellos.  I cannot think of any reason
you cannot easily peel ETX apart from HSLS.

I don't know whether the Quagga BGP daemon provides an API for setting
metrics or "piggybacking" information on the BGP Hellos, do you?

Just curious, why have you picked BGP for your network?