[CUWiN-Dev] heads up: changing buildupgrade, buildflash, buildiso arguments

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Jun 29 03:25:55 CDT 2005

I am adding an option '-n' to buildupgrade and family that lets us tell
those scripts what "prefix" to place before the date.  The default is
"staboot-".  The scripts behave the same EXCEPT you have to put the
"double dash," --, before the options that are supposed to be passed
directly to mkstaboot---e.g., options like -s, -T, -t, -f, -L, ....

I want to bring your attention to a change that will doubtlessly break
some of your scripts.

I don't expect to make future incompatible changes to the options of
build* and mkstaboot, and I will try not to, but I reserve the right
to. :-)

BTW, I am also adding a new script, buildmd, that builds a kernel with an
embedded "memory disk" containing the root filesystem.  There are a few
neat tricks that we can do with this: I just used it as an all-in-one,
memory-resident "rescue image" for one of our outdoor nodes that had a
corrupt disklabel.