[CUWiN-Dev] Tentative drum roll... New CUWiN site mock-up now online:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Mar 23 08:50:43 CST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, David Young wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:15:58PM -0600, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been working with Steven on a new website for the CUWiN project.
>> The latest mockup (this is about the 4th iteration and the first we
>> felt was complete enough to get everyone's feedback on).  Please post
>> any feedback to the forum topic http://cuwin.stevesgallery.com/forum/4
>> specifically for this purpose.  Keep in mind that this is a ful content
>> management system -- so there are different roles which allow access to
>> different features.
>
> Drupal has a lot of interesting features, but I don't see how it has
> improved our site.  The appearance of the website has actually gotten
> worse, and the organization has not improved.  More than anything else,
> the website needs a usable site architecture.  I have a hard time
> finding things that I *know* are on the site.

I asked Steve _not_ to change the site architecture (which pained him) --
so it currently mirrors our existing one.  If you list what sort of
changes you'd like to see we can improve things -- just let me know.

> This Creative Commons License is new, and it needs to be consented to.

Yeah, I was just trying to put a name to our current practices for sharing
information.  If folks have objections, I'm happy to take other
suggestions, return to the (c) CUWiN, etc.

Do folks have other feedback?  Please send ideas along so that we can get
this done by the end of the week.

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
President                 *   Project Coordinator   *   Policy Analyst