[CUWiN-Dev] ipfilter

Bryan Cribbs bdcribbs at ojctech.com
Thu May 12 21:52:05 CDT 2005

* Bryan Cribbs <bdcribbs at ojctech.com> :
> when you change the config, you then have to copy the file to
> it's mirror in /permanent/etc/

A further gotcha: if you change things in /permanent:
often after the next reboot the most recently written
file ends up being empty (even if you sync).  This is
problem with way the OS writes to the flash, I think,
but honestly I don't understand why it happens.

I've avoided this in an embarrasingly hackish way (after
I write /etc/permanent/x.conf I immediately do a
"cp /permanent/etc/x.conf /permanent/etc/garbage" so that
the victim of the bug is the garbage file).