[CUWiN-Dev] introduction

Sean Fioritto sean.fioritto at gmail.com
Tue May 17 18:56:15 CDT 2005

Hey all,

I felt an introduction was due. My name is Sean Fioritto. I'm a senior
CS major at the University of Arizona and author of
www.meshsandbox.com. I'm also now an official CUWIN intern.

I'm not exactly sure what my new position will entail, I do however
want to let all the CUWIN developers out there know that I am
available and willing to take over any boring, menial tasks that you
would like to pass on in the traditional manner to the lowly intern. I
anticipate being able to work 20 hours per week, maybe more.
Unfortunately I have this whole 'rent' and 'food' expense that I need
to worry about, so I'll be maintaining a paying job which will eat
into some of my available hours. I also live in Tucson, Arizona, so I
don't suppose I'll be physically showing up to any meetings.

I am essentially a full-fledged CS major - I have one course left to
complete. This semester I finished up our OS and Networking courses
which I think prepared me to be at least a little helpful, but of
course nothing comes close to real world experience, which is why I'm
working for you guys for free. My C skills are workable, largely
thanks to the aforementioned classes. Like I said, I'm not sure what
this internship will look like, but my only goal is to be helpful.

I officially started yesterday. Right now I'm reading through the HSLS
paper and I will be reading through the code as well to get myself
acquainted. I also plan to work on the technical documentation and
create a small test network here in my apartment. Most of these things
are mainly to get me up to speed, and to help me write the
documentation. Please let me know if you think I would be useful
somewhere else.

I'm excited to join the team, you guys are doing great things.

Sincerely,
Sean Fioritto