[CUWiN-Dev] adding nameservers to node config

Bryan Cribbs bdcribbs at ojctech.com
Sat May 21 17:34:54 CDT 2005

* David Young <dyoung at pobox.com> :
> > He also recommends doing something like
> >
> >   sh# cp /permanent/etc/resolv.conf /permanent/etc/garbage
> >
> > after you've completed making changes to /permanent/etc/resolv.conf to
> > workaround a known issue with storing data prior to shutting down a node.
>
> Bryan, is this still a problem?  If not, it's important to try
> to reproduce it in -current and file a PR if the problem persists.

I'll just ignore the word "not" there.

I've grown accustomed to the bug and haven't tried changing
anything without said workaround in quite some time.
It's easy to test, and I will.  I thought it was already
reported, but if I still see it I'll write up a PR.

(Should I try it twice? w/ and w/o softdep?)