[CUWiN-Dev] builds using current NetBSD

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed May 25 20:00:52 CDT 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 02:43:06AM -0500, Bill Comisky wrote:
> [...]
> >>taken care of through the trimming of base-locale-ca and base-locale-sk
> >>set lists (I'm over my head here, maybe makeplist isn't returning all the
> >>files it should?).
> >>
> >>Results using same source on two build platforms:
> >>=================================================
> >>
> >>Linux build:
> >>- Build completes, but hslsd still segfaults when started from /etc/rc.d
> >>  (at boot time or from command line).  Just running /usr/sbin/hslsd
> >>  without options does not cause a segfault.
> >
> >Sorry if I asked before, but what's in /etc/rc.conf.d/hslsd when the
> >segfault occurs?
>
> I put that file (+core files, build output, etc, see below) here:
> http://bcomisky.com/cuwin/
>

> >>- No $BUILDDIR/Z directory is produced.. another MAKEOBJDIR definition
> >>  problem?  I'll try to find something that works under linux and build
> >>  again later, so I can send unstripped binaries with the core files.
> >>
> >>NetBSD 1.6.2 build:
> >>- Build fails with:
> >>
> >>[snip]
> >>all ===> iswlan
> >>nbmake: don't know how to make
> >>/usr/local/cuwin/build/D/usr/include/errno.h. Stop
> >
> >How do you start the build?
>
> I've got a wrapper script, but it calls mkstaboot in this case like:
>
> ./mkstaboot -C /usr/local/cuwin/svnrepo/src/boot-image/cuw_config \
>  -P /usr/local/cuwin/svnrepo/src/boot-image/pwds \
>  -b /usr/local/cuwin/netbsd/build -s /usr/local/cuwin/netbsd/current/src \
>  -U /usr/local/cuwin/images/cuwin-0.5.6+.3244.tar.gz
>
> oh crap, I just noticed the errno.h path is wrong in the error message
> above.  The build dir should be: /usr/local/cuwin/netbsd/build as per the
> mkstaboot command above.. just checked, I had deleted the build directory
> and set the path to a new location, but there were some .depend files
> lingering in the cuwin src subdirectories with the old build path. [some
> time passes] ok, after deleting those .depend files the build on my netbsd
> box finishes, but hslsd segfaults using the generated image from that
> build as well.  The /etc/rc.conf.d/hslsd files were identical.
>
> >Is there anything in /usr/local/cuwin/build/D/ ?  What about
> >/usr/local/cuwin/build/ ?  Are your NetBSD sources cluttered with .o
> >and .d files, by chance?
>
> The only difference I can see is that on the Linux build machine there is
> no $BUILDDIR/Z directory.  The $BUILDDIR/Z directory on the netbsd build
> machine looks like it just has CUWiN /src object files in it.  The D I O T
> directories are there and the $BUILDDIR/D directory is full.  And neither
> build machines have .o/.d files cluttering the netbsd sources.
>
> Since I do have a $BUILDDIR/Z machine on the netbsd box, I tar'd it up and
> put it with the rest of files you may want to see, including:
>
> /etc/rc.conf.d/hslsd
> /var/core/hslsd.*
> build output files (x2 for before and after I cleaned up the .depend files)

Something stands out in the build outputs files: many steps are skipped.
I suggest restarting the build earlier than 'modules'.  With -u -o,
it will not take all day if you restart at step 'tools'.

(from your build-output.2)

mkstaboot: skipped step 'tools'
mkstaboot: begin step 'toolenv'
mkstaboot: finished step 'toolenv'
mkstaboot: will write an upgrade tar to /usr/local/cuwin/images/cuwin-0.5.6+.3244.tar.gz
mkstaboot: skipped step 'tools'
mkstaboot: begin step 'toolenv'
mkstaboot: finished step 'toolenv'
mkstaboot: begin step 'mediaenv'
mkstaboot: finished step 'mediaenv'
mkstaboot: begin step 'makewrapperenv'
mkstaboot: finished step 'makewrapperenv'
mkstaboot: skipped step 'distrib'
mkstaboot: skipped step 'metalog'
mkstaboot: skipped step 'patch'
mkstaboot: skipped step 'makewrapper'