[CUWiN-Dev] Community Network Project in Pakistan: [DCN]

Christian D chriswlan2 at linnixislands.com
Fri May 27 20:08:29 CDT 2005

Thanks for comments and links Stephane.

>  (As an aside, makes me wonder what it would take to legally be
able
> to throw a "dark copper" or a "dark fiber" over the fence? I.e
> assuming I only provide the medium and people use it "as they
wish"?)

Interesting that "dark wireless" might come with less legal
restrictions...

>> 2.  Local voice server  for local communications and where
required
>> can be used as  gateway for  connecting beyond LAN on POTS
network.

Stephane: I understant the above comment from Tariq, to mean that
the Pakistan DCNs are only connected to the outside world via dial
up, and that for _affordable_ international voice calls, they use
dialup VoIP -or am I wrong?

Regards

Christian