[CUWiN-Dev] RTL8180L

John Atkinson john.atkinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 07:13:30 CST 2005

I found some Micronet SP906BB in Accra yesterday, the chip on the card
showed the Realtek RTL8180L chipset. They go for about half the price of the
D-Link DWLG520, which is ~$100 USD in it's cheapest incarnation here. But
the D-Link uses the Atheros chipset; that's what I am using right now, and I
know they work well. I was attracted to it b/c it uses the RP-SMA, just like
the D-Link, so it's directly compatible with the batch of new antennas I
received last week, manufacturer customized for the DWLG520's.

I'm willing to test one if you think that it's a good bet and/or the time to
polish the driver won't be too exorbitant.

-John