[CUWiN-Dev] Re: [CU-Wireless-Support] Question

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Nov 30 11:19:59 CST 2005

Hi Pranav,

pranav dhekane wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I am a university student. Can I install the CUWin
> software on laptop and can three or more laptops
> communicate with each other in multihop manner without
> using the antennae, just by using the wireless NIC. I
> want to just test it in a room. I have d-Link 802.11b
> wireless card.
>
> Thanks.
> Pranav

Currently the software only runs on NetBSD -- as such, it requires a stand-alone
computer (or a NetBSD box) to run.  We're working on porting to MacOSX and would
like to one day have it running as a background application on various operating
systems, but we're not there yet.  Back to your situation, if the chipsets on
your wireless NICs are supported by the CUWiN software, you should be able to
set up a mesh between the computers (without external antennas).

Keep us posted,

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President