[CUWiN-Dev] Re: 0.5.9 question

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Tue Oct 4 20:19:29 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 09:26:14AM -0500, Bill Comisky wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, David Young wrote:
>
> >I'm building for WRAP and net48xx boards using -current of today (plus
> >CUWiN's patches) like this,
> >
> >% ./buildupgrade -n geode -- -k ./kernel-conf/geode -T net4526 -s ... -b
> >... \
> >   -E geode-extras
> >
> >The really important parts are the kernel override (-k) and installing
> >the extra files for Geode, -E.
> >
> >I estimate about a week of routing debugging ahead, and then we will
> >have a 0.5.9 release candidate.
>
> Dave,
>
> Do you see any backwards-incompatible releases in the near-term (through
> 0.6) which would necessitate an entire network upgrade, or will 0.5.8,
> 0.5.9 and 0.6 all play nicely together?  In your roadmap, you mention:
>
>                 To fix one of the bugs, I anticipate a minor architectural
>                 change to hslsd before 0.6---reference-counting
>                 linkstates, and changing from internally-linked to
>                 externally-linked linkstate workqueues.
>
> Will these make it into 0.5.9?

The only incompatible change I may make is to change ETX_UNIT from
256 to 64 or 32, and that is only if it looks like it is necessary.

Linkstate reference-counting will make it into 0.5.9.  I will pull that
up to the trunk, soon.  It's a compatible change that fixes a bug.

0.5.9 will fix a lot of bugs.  It will add Geode (Soekris net48xx,
PC Engines WRAP) support.