[CUWiN-Dev] cdboot and the 'iso' step

John Atkinson john.atkinson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 17:12:26 CDT 2005

I've cleared the steps down to 'iso,' but there it appears I'm missing a
file or two. My last run follows:

Checked in the new code this morning.

# cd /usr/cuw/trunk/src
# svn up
# cd /usr/cuw/trunk/extern-src
# svn up

Rebuilding from scratch.

# rm -R /root/scratch-cuw
# cd /usr/cuw/trunk/src/boot-image
# REBUILD_ALL=yes ./buildiso

That ran through for 4 or 5 hours. Entering the 'iso' step:

mkstaboot: finished step 'floppy'
mkstaboot: begin step 'iso'
Found bootdisk with system i386, and filename
/root/scratch-cuw/D/usr/mdec/cdboot
nbmakefs: cd9960_add_boot_disk:
lstat("/root/scratch-cuw/D/usr/mdec/cdboot"): No such file or directory

If I compile cdboot manually, and drop it where the 'iso' step wants to find
it, I can get a *.iso by running mkstaboot from the 'iso' step.

# ./buildiso iso

Burning that to disc it seems to half boot, on both Unix and Windows.
Echoing, "NetBSD/i386 cd9660 Primary Bootstrap" before halting to a flashing
prompt.

If I mount it on NetBSD:

# mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0a /mnt/cdrom
# ls -Fla /mnt/cdrom

There is a "RRIP without PX field?" preceding echo in green.

.cshrc
.profile
bin
boot*
boot.img*
dev
etc
home
lib
libexec
mfs
mnt
netbsd*
permanent
rescue
sbin
stand
tmp
usr
var

In a Windows maching all the directories are capitalized and suffixed with a
";1."

So I'm guessing that I need to gather a file or two and run the command to
build a *.iso in the appropriate manner. I know part of it is the lack of
boot.config in the directory. I still don't know how my setup might differ
from others, as far as the three main source trees are concerned.

Regards,

John Atkinson
Cblit.org <http://Cblit.org>
Wirelessghana.com <http://Wirelessghana.com>