[CUWiN-Dev] branched for 0.5.9; thinking about 0.6.0

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Oct 21 00:49:27 CDT 2005

I have branched for 0.5.9.  For cuw account holders, I made a snapshot
of my NetBSD sources, ~dyoung/cuwin-netbsd-snap-21-Oct-2005.tgz.

I am considering a couple of incompatible changes before 0.6.0; I have
said before, no incompatible changes were planned, but I know more now
than I did when I was last asked.

1 I want to use fewer bits for the "fractional" part of the ETX metric,
  six instead of eight.

2 I want to add linkstate "expiration dates" to the protocol packet
  format.  In some cases, I have seen linkstates linger for much too
  long, because they keep getting a new lease on life when a router
  reboots and copies its neighbors' linkstates during the bootstrap phase.