[CUWiN-Dev] hslsd updates coming

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Thu Sep 22 16:17:20 CDT 2005

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, David Young wrote:

> I have found some hslsd bugs by watching the Race Street network, which
> keeps growing with Tom Wiltzius' help, and by watching the indoor
> testbed. I have some fixes under development.
>
> Dave

I've seen recently a few occasions where a node will reboot frequently,
though the intervals vary; sometimes hours between reboots and sometimes
minutes.  The ETX metric and beacon strength to the gateway from the node
in question looks like a solid link, and there is typically a fair amount
of traffic on the wireless network at the time... I have some cron jobs
fetching files on a few nodes, including the rebooting one.

Once the node has rebooted, the evidence for what happened is gone, but I
have seen an hslsd segfault before, in dmesg output and /var/core/hslsd.*
files.  Is this symptomatic of the bugs you've found?

I could tweak hellowdog to scp over some information before rebooting
(core files, dmesg output, etc); I guess you'd need the unstripped
binaries too.  Let me know if this would be useful.

bill

--
Bill Comisky
bcomisky at pobox.com