[CUWiN-Dev] A survey on community wireless networks

Abdelnasser Abdelaal mesrnile at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 17:16:56 CDT 2006

    Hi everybody,
          I'm doing a survey paper about different emerging business  models for Community Wireless Networks. I'd appreciate it if you take sometime  and answer the following questions. Your inputs as an expert or activist in  this area will have a significant impact on my research and on the ubiquity of  this innovation.

Your feedback my include answering the following questions with examples if possible?

 1- What is the value proposition of CWNs?

 2- What are emerging successful business models for community wireless networks? (With examples if possible)

 3- What are the funding and revenue generation options?

 4- Different charging policies?

 5- Possible partnerships?

 6- What evaluation parameters you may think off to evaluate the viability of WCNs?

 7- What are the main success tips?

 8- What are the main challenges (i.e. legal, technical, management, etc)?

 9- What are the main learning lessons?

 10- What are the main failed cases? And what are the main failures reasons?

11- What are the main strengths ( or competitive advantage) of your WCN?

 Most sincerely,

-- Abdelnasser Abdelaal