[CUWiN-Dev] google summer of code 2006

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Mon Apr 17 12:20:47 CDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 04:12:42PM -0700, Chase Phillips wrote:
> It looks like Summer of Code 2006 is officially open for mentor
> registration.  Last year Dave worked as a mentor via NetBSD, though
> IIRC he submitted some ideas and an application for CUWiN.  I'm
> interested in seeing us involved this year if there's agreement
> positive things can come from it.  Thoughts?

If we can sign up mentors, then we should go for it, but I am just
one person, and I already expect to mentor at least one Google SoC
project through NetBSD.  Chase, are you willing to mentor a project?
Maybe we can get somebody from CNT involved.  It's important for the
student to have access to a technical person who can answer questions,
and it's important for the project to have people overseeing the projects.

This summer, I would like to see students (1) work on trimming the size
of the CUWiN system, (2) add a kernel API for changing WLAN transmit
parameters, (3) implement gateway selection, and (4) work on the
name service.  Perhaps Jeongkeun Lee is interested in working on (2).
Andrew Badr is already working on (3).