[CUWiN-Dev] subversion scalability

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Apr 19 21:35:39 CDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 08:48:03PM -0500, Zachary C. Miller wrote:
> > I want to protect your server, so I we will host the main repo on cuw,
> > and backup to Subversion at sourceforge.net.
>
> That's fine with me. I didn't know sourceforge had SVN now! Neat.
>
> Should we move all public SVN access for cuw to sourceforge? I can put
> in an HTTP redirect to handle that on my server so people's old URLs
> still work. Just let me know the new base URL.
>
> One issue to work out is whether sourceforge has a mechanism for
> excluding anonymous access to "private-trunk".

I wish private-trunk wasn't in the same repository as the rest.  Maybe
there is some way we can remove it by filtering a Subversion dump file?
Anyway, that's not so important right now:

> Or will you just put the NetBSD stuff in a completely different
> repository than the cuw stuff?

That's how I plan on getting started, yeah.  I think that we will continue
to host the CUWiN sources, minus NetBSD, on your server (if that's ok
with you), but we will serve the NetBSD sources from Sourceforge.