[CUWiN-Dev] Transmit power control / RSS measurement

Jeongkeun Lee jklee at mmlab.snu.ac.kr
Fri Apr 21 04:00:53 CDT 2006

Dave,

Any guidance (or samples codes) on per-packet TPC will be highly
appreciated.

And I'm also trying to get a per-packet RSS measurement.
"tcpdump -ne -y ieee802_11_radio -i ath0" is helpful, but it was not easy to
get RSS for a specific packet. For example, I want to know the RSS of a
packet whose payload contains specific contents.

I examined the tcpdump source codes and find out that pcap.h and pcap-bpf.h
and ieee80211_radiotap.h are relevant header files, but it doesn't really
help.

Thank you for your help.

-- JK