[CUWiN-Dev] extra dhcpselect 'state' and wedge file format...

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 17:17:03 CDT 2006

hey all (chase),
working at tdv we ran into a issue with the node being plugged into a
consumer router running dhcpd by default.  with dhcpselect running as
it should, the node set the proper settings to be a gateway node
creating a "black hole" (a dy coined phrase) in the network.  with
cuwin getting ready to move into non technocrat households this poses
a big problem.  dave and i were talking about making a third state for
dhcpselect in which the node receives a dhcp lease from a dhcpd but
does not immediately set the route as a permanent default.  the node
would run a test to ensure the route is good.  if the route does not
allow the node to get to the internet dhcpselect would would route
packets back through the cuwin network.

chase you wrote dhcpselect, would you be able to take a look at this?
also, to get around this issue at tdv we need to use the wedge file.
the wedge file is going to be used to set up a gateway node that has
no dhcpd on the ethernet line.  chase i was hoping you could send me
the syntax of that file?
--
Daniel