[CUWiN-Dev] extra dhcpselect 'state' and wedge file format...

Chase Phillips ch at se.tl
Tue Aug 8 01:06:11 CDT 2006

Unless there's a reason to want dhcpselect to *wait* before it tries
testing for a net connection once the dhclient-bound interface becomes
available, this could be a relatively simple addition.

We could, upon receiving the bound notification from dhclient, test
the bound interface for a net connection.  If ping exits successfully,
only then net-connect the interface.  (Rather than net-connecting it
no matter what when we receive the bound notification.)

Was there a reason you and Dave wanted a third state beyond dhcpd and
dhclient, or more specifically, a reason the third state needs to be
explicitly called out in the code, rather than just an abstraction of
a corner case?  If there's not a good reason to make a third state,
I'd rather not, as that's the kind of change to dhcpselect that can
cause disruptions.

Chase