[CUWiN-Dev] Re: CUWiN network map based on map.seattlewireless software

Chase Phillips shepard at ameth.org
Fri Feb 24 11:08:03 CST 2006

Hi Kristjan,

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Kristjan Onu wrote:

> Chase Phillips wrote:
> > Someone pointed me at SeattleWireless's neat map software a month ago...
>
> The map looks neat! It's too bad the sattelite and hybrid views are
> not functional.

I lament the lack of high-res Illinois (or even just CU) Google Maps sat
images, too. :(

> When I click on "How do I use this map?" a window pops open. Inside that
> window there's a link to http://cuwireless.net/GetStarted, but following
> that link gives a Page not found error.

I used a stub link there.  We should decide the proper place to send
people and I'll replace the link with that.

> > Brilliant!!!  We should add _all_ the potential node hosting locations
> > from the wiki.
>
> Can someone explain what potential nodes are?

Sure, a potential node is a place that could host a node but isn't at the
moment.

Thanks for taking a look!

Chase