[CUWiN-Dev] Re: Mesh nodes

simon at uc.org simon at uc.org
Thu Jan 19 13:26:45 CST 2006

Is there an IRC channel where the developers hang out? I'm very close to
having things running correctly.

I have two nodes up and running, one (A) on a network connected to the
internet, the other standalone (Z).  Everything on (Z) can reach all
(A)'s network and the internet, but not vice-versa.

If I log into (A), I can reach everything on both sides.

If I'm on a system connected to network (A), I add a static route
pointing to (A)'s local IP address, but I still cannot reach anything on
(Z)'s network. When I try to ping anything on Z's network, I get A's IP
address answering back.

i.e.:

A = 192.168.42.22, on 192.168.42.0/24, internet/dhcp from linksys rtr
Z = 10.216.103.254, on 10.216.103.0/24, dhcp from cuw node

mylaptop$ sudo route add -net 10.216.103.0/24 gw 192.168.42.22
mylaptop$
mylaptop$ ping 10.216.103.252

Any thoughts?

Cheers,