[CUWiN-Dev] how to stop the message "recv probe req" displaying at console?

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Thu Jan 26 19:11:45 CST 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, hongda wrote:

> I install cuwin on soekris4826, but the the message "recv probe req" always
> displayed on the console.
> I tried to use "dmesg -N 1" to stop the message, but it failed to do that.

You should be able to turn off some of the debugging messages using
sysctl.  Look in /etc/sysctl.conf to see what has been turned on.  I think
probably this would do it:

sysctl -w net.link.ieee80211.vap0.debug=0

Or possibly it's one of the atheros debug messages if you are using an
atheros card (see hw.ath0.debug in /etc/sysctl.conf).  You can make these
changes permanent if you change /permanent/etc/sysctl.conf (after mounting
filesytem read/write).

I'm not sure how to just keep them from popping up on the serial console..
whether this is a syslogd thing or in the kernel or ????

Bill

--
Bill Comisky
bcomisky at pobox.com