[CUWiN-Dev] Rev. 4085 disappearing default routes

Bryan Cribbs bryan at ojctech.com
Wed Jul 19 21:11:02 CDT 2006

>>> So, the nodeconfig will soon:
>>>   1. attempt to read new keys from it's master file
>>>   2. attempt to read old keys from it's master file
>>>   3. attempt to read keys tagged as "default" from it's master file
>>>   4. fall back on hardcoded values (such as 'domainname.tld').

Minor thing, I think we should swap 2 and 3.

Making the precedence:
1) modern keys
2) default keys
3) legacy keys   (*)
4) hardcoded fallbacks.

(*) legacy keys include 'smart' values, such as hashed ips, and the
logic that decides if a wireless iface is backhaul/client/ap.
Nodeconfig doesn't touch such things unless one explicitly changes
those values via the web interface.  (similarly, the default values
on dhcp server are based on the ipschema family as has always been
the case, if they aren't changed).  These keys are removed from the
default cuw_config, since they are derived.