[CUWiN-Dev] [Fwd: Problem of building Soekris 4526]

Ross Musselman rgmussel at cuwireless.net
Thu Jul 27 08:53:06 CDT 2006

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Problem of building Soekris 4526
Date: 	Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:34:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	Chao Fang <cfa532 at yahoo.com>
To: 	Ross Musselman <rgmussel at cuwireless.net>

Ross,

I just tested the Trunk revision 4103. It seems to be updated this
morning. There is a new file named build4526.sh, which I figured to be
the one for Soekris Net4526. It did not generate anything mentioned in
the on line manual. I also tried buildmd.sh with a new line
MACHINE_ARCH=i386 in the .mkstabootrc file. The result is not positive too.

It seems the current build is seriously out of sync with the on line
document. I would suggest David to take a close look at it and run a
clean build step by step following the instructions. With the current
state of build and on line document, it will be very hard for me to
justify the time I spent trying to get even one successful build. Please
let me know if the situation can be improved.

BTW, it seems to become a developer I will also get a local account on
your server. I have sent email to David asking for an account, but he
seems only reply your email. I am interested in the project in hope of
creating a commercial product for my company and also contribute to your
adventure. If this goal is contradictory to your agenda, please let me know.

Best regards,

*/Ross Musselman <rgmussel at cuwireless.net>/* wrote:

    Chao,

    This is the latest from Dave. I think the thing you want is actually
    just a flag in the buildmd command.

    Ross