[CUWiN-Dev] Troublesome Bouncing Default Route

Rob Simmons robsimmons at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 09:42:47 CST 2006

I will send you that information definitely when I see it again. Right now
the CNT Lawndale network is set up like:

Lots of nodes on Channel 1

Stower gateway
              \
               Switch ----- Router ---- Internet
              /
Wtower gateway

Lots of nodes on Channel 11

In other words, two gateways but on different meshes (the two sides of the
network can talk through the local interfaces of the two gateways). This
usually works very well.

However, when you asked I realized that it is possible that this event has a
relationship with the event that happened a couple of times where a WAP got
the node plugged into the DHCP-serving side and so a node that shouldn't
have been a gateway thought it was one for awhile. The circular default
route problem definitely persisted long after the gateway glitch was
corrected, however.

The cuw_config file seems to indicate that nodes can be forced into
gateway-mode or node-mode, and all of our cuw_config files are set to
"both." Is that currently a to-be implemented feature, or is there a word to
replace "both" with to force the node to not act like a gateway?

 - Rob