[CUWiN-Dev] introducing me

Ross Musselman rgmussel at cuwireless.net
Fri Mar 10 15:15:28 CST 2006

I'm sorry it has taken this long for me to get an introduction out there.
I've been a bit overwhelmed by urgency of getting things ready for the
National Summit on Community Wireless Networks, which I am stoked about.

On 1 March 2006, I began a year of service with CUWiN through the Americorps
VISTA program. My official position is Outreach Coordinator, but I think you
can just call me whipping boy for the first couple of months. After that, it
will be Mr. Whipping Boy, thank you very much.

My background: I'm a recovering academic. I am finishing my final paper for
my MA in history from the University of Illinois, with a focus on the former
Yugoslavia, nationalism, and transnationalism. I'm currently taking IT
courses at Parkland in order to get IT certifications. I am the webmaster
and systems administrator for the Chapel of St. John the Divine (a volunteer
position). I worked as the IT staff for the Leisure Studies Department at
the U. of I. (now called Sport, Tourism, and Recreation), basically meant
that I did the pc ordering, repairing, and installations for the department.
Prior to coming to C-U, I worked at the International Fellowship of
Reconciliation in Alkmaar, the Netherlands. I got may start in IT
administration there. They needed someone to do it and I volunteered to make
that 50% of my assignment. In addition, I have worked on several
publications, most recently The Journal of Kurdish Studies.

I don't have a sophisticated experience with wireless, although I am
learning quickly. Looking forward to doing my first install!

I look forward to working with you all.

Ross

Ross Musselman

Outreach Coordinator

Champaign-Urbana Community Wireless Network

rgmussel at cuwireless.net

202 S. Broadway, Suite 1

Urbana, IL 61801

USA