[CUWiN-Dev] coverity (again)

Chase Phillips shepard at ameth.org
Mon Mar 20 16:20:02 CST 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, David Young wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 06:09:16PM -0600, Zachary C. Miller wrote:
> > Arun Bhalla (arun at shme.net) works for Coverity and he and I both know
> > one of the founders. The aforementioned founder long ago asked me if
> > we wanted to run their scans on our source code and we weren't ready
> > at the time for that service.
> >
> > Let me know when you go through normal channels and I'll put in a good
> > word with the appropriate people.
>
> Thanks, Zach.
>
> Is somebody available to shepherd this process?

I sent out word yesterday for a Coverity contact and placed a reach-out
email earlier today.  I await a response.  Once the terms of the initial
communication are agreed upon (who should be included on their side,
whether they are interested, how they can help, etc), I'll loop them in
with you, Dave.

Once a more concrete proposal is gathered, I presume we can then float the
work effort out to the group so the understanding is public.  Again, I'm
not sure what the terms will be.  They may offer free use for public
projects but the programs and results may require privacy, hence
requiring some closed-ness.

Chase