[CUWiN-Dev] heads up: building cuwin for other architectures

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Mon May 8 02:25:02 CDT 2006

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 02:44:32AM -0500, David Young wrote:
> The CUWiN build system will change soon to allow cross-builds for non-i386
> architectures.  The build changes will affect people who already
> build CUWiN in important ways that they need to be aware of.

I have committed this work to the multi-arch/ branch.  I have also added
a mkstaboot target that lets us build a NFS root filesystem.

One way to evaluate the multi-architecture support, without buying an
embedded computer with an "exotic" CPU, is to cross-build CUWiN for
either a 64-bit AMD processor, or for a Xen virtual machine.

If you are interested in running CUWiN on something small, inexpensive,
and low-power (pick any two?), try the Senao/Engenius 5354 AP1 ARIES2
802.11a/b/g access point, the Technologic Systems TS-7200, or the I-O
Data HDL-G400U.  Note that you will be a pioneer: I only have an ARIES2,
myself, and I have not had the time to play with it.

If you would like to port NetBSD+CUWiN to the PePLink Surf,
<http://www.peplink.com/>, let me know how I can support you.