[CUWiN-Dev] subversion scalability

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sat May 13 21:03:16 CDT 2006

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 08:52:19PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 08:12:39PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> > Apparently, the scalability of Subversion has improved a lot.  I am going
> > to upgrade Subversion on the CUWiN development server and try to import
> > NetBSD again.
>
> Update: no, scalability hasn't improved.  At least, not on the client
> side.  svn croaks when I check out a repository containing NetBSD.

FYI, here is what I had to say on a private forum:

        "I tried again to import NetBSD into Subversion, and then
        to check it out, run 'svn status -u', etc.  The Subversion
        client memory usage was unacceptable.  I thought there
        was a memory leak, but when I asked about the memory
        use on the Subverson users mailing list, I found out
        that it hogs memory by (mis-)design.  See the discussion
        at <http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-05/0211.shtml>.
        Somebody who has more time, patience, and understanding of the
        code than I can probably reduce the memory use quickly.