[CUWiN-Dev] Continuing cuwin build problem + USB Kernel conf question

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Thu May 18 19:41:47 CDT 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006, epsas wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I followed Ross's advice and placed my netbsd-current sources under the scratch/
> directory; this unfortunately did not solve my problem with compiling the cuwin
> image.  Still encountering the errors I reported in my last email.

Have you tried building with the netbsd source provided from CUWiN
instead of netbsd-current?

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wireless/cuwin-0.6.0-netbsd-src.tar.bz2

> Tricky situation, not sure where to go next on building these sources - is there
> an updated install doc available on the network?  Ross, I can also help refine
> your existing doc, if needed.
>

> Also, I am trying to compile an image with USB for a net4826 box.  Is
> there a ./build?? command that I should use?  I am assuming that all of
> the kernel configs reside in src/boot-image/kernel-conf/?

If you're talking about creating an image to boot from a USB drive, see
the "USB key with CUWiN?" thread from the list archives for Jan 2006.  You
need a new kernel config to pass with -k to mkstaboot, which is a hybrid
of the cuw_pc and cuw_45x1 configs.  Though maybe you mean something
else.. I don't follow where the net4826 comes in.

Bill

--
Bill Comisky
bcomisky at pobox.com