[CUWiN-Dev] nodes keep rebooting every 10 mins

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Nov 3 20:52:20 CST 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 11:53:58PM +0000, yangao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My cuwin wireless nodes keep rebooting every 10 mins, without any error
> message. So far we have two nodes suffering the problem. Did anyone confront
> the same problem? How to solve it?

Believe it or not, this is a feature. :-) A node reboots if it does not
receive any Hello messages from neighboring nodes for several minutes.
The reason is that an important component of the system software or
hardware (e.g., the radio) may have stopped working, and we do not want
for any node to stay in that condition for very long, because it is not
helping to route/forward packets on the network any longer, and it may
not be reachable by its owner.

Is it possible that the two nodes that reboot are not receiving Hellos
from neighbors because, say, they are very far away from other nodes?

> I am new to cuwin developers.

Welcome.