[CUWiN-Dev] **IMPORTANT** Proposed CUWiN Developer Agreement

Bryan Cribbs bdcribbs at ojctech.com
Thu Oct 5 12:25:47 CDT 2006

* Matt Isaacs <isaacsm at cuwireless.net> :
>    Good  point  Brandon.   I'll  see about working something like that in
>    there.   As  a  point  of  reference,  we  used  the  NetBSD developer
>    agreement   as   a  model.   Oddly  enough  licensing/copyright  isn't
>    something they addressed in it.

As I understand it, without explicit declaration otherwise, all work
contributed is subject to the standard CUWiN license.

see svn: cuw/trunk/doc/local/LICENSE

Developers may (and several have) couple their own license with that,
so long as they do not conflict.

Regarding "private" information, this is why there exist both trunk and
private-trunk in svn, and why there are public and private mailing lists.
Pretty clear distinction I think.  I would consider anything sent to me
outside of those channels to be private, unless I have explicit
permission to share it.