[CUWiN-Dev] radiotap TSFT field

Wonho Kim whkim at mmlab.snu.ac.kr
Thu Feb 22 23:36:56 CST 2007

Hi Dave,

We are trying to capture packets transmitted on the air. We plan to use TSFT
field to construct the timeline of packet transmissions. For more accuracy,
I'd like to know when the TSFT value per each received packet is generated.
I know that the TSFT value is recorded in the MAC layer, but I don't know
whether it is generated when all the bits of a packet are received at the
PHY layer or when the first bit of a packet arrive at the PHY layer at the
receiver. Would you tell me about the exact timing of the TSFT generation?

Thank you

Best regards

Wonho Kim