[CUWiN-Dev] upgrade/partition table problems

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Feb 28 16:54:43 CST 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:06:20PM -0600, Bill Comisky wrote:
> I'll take a look at fixlabel when I get a chance.  As far as PXE
> booting, is there any way to initiate that without having serial
> console access in order to interrupt the boot process and enter the
> BIOS?

If the BIOS is not the very new[1], /dev/cmos is present, and the kernel
attached a device called 'cmos' at boot, then you can change the boot
order in the CMOS RAM using, say, dd(1).  ISTR you need to change it to
'f0 80 81 ff'.  It is probably '80 81 f0 ff', now.

Dave

[1] comBIOS 1.28 reads the boot order from the Flash ROM, and Soekris
    does not say how we can change it.  I do not know the latest comBIOS
    version that reads the boot order from CMOS RAM.