[CUWiN-Dev] nfs booting cuwin-ware

Matthew Isaacs isaacsm at cuwireless.net
Mon Jan 15 09:36:42 CST 2007

David Young wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 12:01:27AM -0600, Matthew Isaacs wrote:
>
>> I think I may need a refresher on how to NFS boot a node.  I'm working
>> on new hardware, have an NFS image.  The kernel loads and prompts for
>> root device, etc.  For the root device, I enter the network interface
>> (that the NFS server is accessible on).  The node fails to mount the
>> NFS, however.  I checked the logs on the server, and it shows the
>> connection attempt, but records that the server denied the node access.
>> I've set up the exports file according to the examples I've seen AND the
>> node is able to pull the kernel image from NFS.
>>
>> Any ideas on whats up?
>>

> Does the client attempt to mount using the right path?
>
> Dave

yep.  Part of the problem may be related to some juggling I have to do.
The MAC address that the BIOS uses differs from the address that NetBSD
reports for the interface.  So, I have to maintain 2 configurations, or
edit the dhcp.conf file after the kernel loads but before the OS.  It
shouldn't make a difference, but I'll try manual switching the configs
(I believe thats what I was doing previously when it was working).