[CUWiN-Dev] CUWiN nodes connected "back-to-back" with ethernet

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Tue Jun 19 10:22:56 CDT 2007

On 6/18/07, David Young <dyoung at pobox.com> wrote:
> Does anyone depend on the ability to connect two CUWiN nodes to each
> other through ethernet (either crossover cable, hub, or switch)?  I ask
> because, insofar as that may work, now, I would like to stop it from
> working, soon, as a workaround for other bugs.  I will add back the
> functionality as time permits me to fix some bugs in the kernel.

Dave,

Yes, the old sears tower in Lawndale has two sectors on different
channels that are connected to a hub.  I know that currently all nodes
are routable between sectors due to this configuration, though I don't
know if anyone relies on this (if services are  provided on intranet
between sectors).  Their upgrade cycle is pretty slow these days
though, if there is a stable release available before this
functionality is removed that might hold them over for a while.

Bill

--
Bill Comisky
bcomisky at pobox.com