[CUWiN-Dev] Proposed Nodeconfig Change

Paul A. Kennedy pakenned at pobox.com
Tue Jun 19 16:35:54 CDT 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 5:13 PM, Joshua King wrote:

> I think that this would be a good idea. There is nothing keeping us
> from
> having the configuration on the testbed builds be different than
> the one
> on the public sourceforge builds. As Matt said, those builds are
> necessarily insecure, and the most important thing is to make them
> easy
> to use so people can fiddle with them more easily. Plus, it would get
> more much-needed usability testing for nodeconfig.

Exactly who are we targeting here?

Do we want people who don't know the basics of using ssh to be
responsible for making network security decisions?  Wouldn't we
prefer them to read the man page for ssh rather than consider network
topology and security?

I think not knowing how to use ssh is a fine barrier to entry.

Paul

--
Paul A. Kennedy
pakenned at pobox.com