[CUWiN-Dev] Progress towards HSLS LInux Port [from Latest Code base]

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Mar 7 14:47:14 CST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 05:11:21PM +0200, Socrates Socrates wrote:
> Hi David;
>
> With regard to HSLS linux port not receiving packets from CUWiN box, I've
> gotten libevent-1.0c and libevent-0.8a .
> I tested these versions with the old code and they work just fine. I also
> tried these versions on the latest code with no change in the behaviour of
> the latest code.
> So I am pretty much certain that libevent is not the issue.
>
> I noticed, for example, that the *struct hsls_interface* passed to
> EVTIMER_SET in function hsls_interface_create is much lager in the new code
> than on the older code.
> Is there anything in the 3rd argument of EVTIMER_SET (and/or related macros)
> that could possibly affect events not being detected?
>
> I believe that the arguments/structures past to EVTIMER_SET (and/or related
> macros)  are most likely the cause of the problem.
> Trouble is the structures are so big to know exactly which member of the
> structure to check out.
>
> What is the event that should be detected (or occur) after some timeout (if
> any)?

EVTIMER_SET is a wrapper for evtimer_set, the libevent subroutine.
The libevent documentation explains how evtimer_set works.  When the
interval set by EVTIMER_ADD in hsls_interface_hello_sched() has passed,
libevent will call the subroutine you provide to EVTIMER_SET with the
argument you provide, that is, it will call hsls_interface_hello_cb((void
*)hi).  Make sure that both EVTIMER_SET and EVTIMER_ADD are called.
See if hsls_interface_hello_cb is ever called.

> Oh, while running the new code, I do *netstat -nl* and I noticed the Recv-Q
> counter associated with address:Port (0.0.0.0:9191) incrementing, showing
> that the packets from CUWiN box do arrive but do not get collected.

It sounds to me like there is a general problem with event dispatch.