[CUWiN-Dev] Re: [CUWiN-Commits] r4519 - cuw/trunk/src/hsls

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sat Mar 31 01:22:42 CDT 2007

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 12:16:39AM -0600, dyoung at cuw.ojctech.com wrote:
> Author: dyoung
> Date: 2007-03-31 00:16:39 -0600 (Sat, 31 Mar 2007)
> New Revision: 4519
>
> Modified:
>    cuw/trunk/src/hsls/hsls_router.c
> Log:
> In hsls_ls_dump(), destroy the linkstate filter just as soon as we
> are finished with it.
>
> This keeps hslsd from crashing when it writes route (or linkstate?)
> dumps, as little sense as that makes.  It used to crash under
> certain conditions (lots of linkstates?  lots of destinations?) in
> the hsls_ls_p_destroy() call, when that call was right before the
> return statement at the end of hsls_ls_dump().

This "fixes" a bug that has troubled Michael Earnhart's testbed for a
long time.  Recently it has afflicted CUWiN's network, too: today Josh
found the tell-tale signs, which include broken routing and memory
exhaustion (the RAM disks filled with hslsd core files).

I'd sure like for somebody to find the root cause of the crashes!