[CUWiN-Dev] Re: CUWIN on Meraki Mini

Bao Q. Nguyen bn at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 1 03:15:09 CST 2008

Also, I just notice that from the documentation, the command to build
the kernel which I used to boot:

% ./build.sh -m evbmips-eb kernel=MERAKI

from netbsd/src/build.sh:

    install=idir        Run "make installworld" to \`idir' to install all sets
                        except \`etc'.  Useful after "distribution" or "release"
    kernel=conf         Build kernel with config file \`conf'
    releasekernel=conf  Install kernel built by kernel=conf to RELEASEDIR.

So it looks like MERAKI is a kernel config and I do not find it
anywhere, is that mean the default config is use? So hence why MFS is
not working?

Also on cuwin front, at the cuwin src, I was unable to build it for
"evbmips" architecture:

bnguyen at zero:~/cuwin/trunk/src/boot-image % ./buildflash
EXTRASDIR is not set or empty
EXTRAS= PWDDB=/Users/bnguyen/cuwin/trunk/src/boot-image/pwds
mkstaboot: cannot skip step 'tools'
mkstaboot: begin step 'tools'
mkstaboot: Building tools

ERROR: Unknown target MACHINE_ARCH: evbmips
*** BUILD ABORTED ***
Could not build tools in /Users/bnguyen/cuwin/stage/T.
./mkstaboot: exiting prematurely
bnguyen at zero:~/cuwin/trunk/src/boot-image % vi ~/.mkstabootrc
bnguyen at zero:~/cuwin/trunk/src/boot-image % ./buildflash
EXTRASDIR is not set or empty
EXTRAS= PWDDB=/Users/bnguyen/cuwin/trunk/src/boot-image/pwds
mkstaboot: cannot skip step 'tools'
mkstaboot: begin step 'tools'
mkstaboot: Building tools

ERROR: Unknown target MACHINE_ARCH: mips
*** BUILD ABORTED ***
Could not build tools in /Users/bnguyen/cuwin/stage/T.
./mkstaboot: exiting prematurely
bnguyen at zero:~/cuwin/trunk/src/boot-image %

from netbsd/src/build.sh

<clip>

        evbmips|sbmips)         # no default MACHINE_ARCH
                ;;

<clip>

So it looked like I'm still not going to be able to CUWIN for EVBMIPS
architecture?

thanks,
-bn