[CUWiN-Dev] Re: CUWIN on Meraki Mini

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Fri Feb 8 03:08:31 CST 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Bob Keyes wrote:

> How about moving to DJB's TinyDNS? It's nice and small, the only problem
> is the license. MaraDNS might be viable, it's a decent piece of software
> and its under a BSD license.

I need to correct myself on two points: First, is that TinyDNS is a set of
patches for DJBDNS, and not the same thing.

Second, and more importantly, is that at the end of 2007 Dan Bernstein
placed all of his popular software (DJBDNS, qmail, etc) in the public
domain. That's an even less restrictive than a BSD license! So I would
say that this puts TinyDNS back into the running, in my mind at least, but
MaraDNS is still a classy piece of software, and needs to be considered as
well.