[CUWiN-Dev] Re: CUWIN on Meraki Mini

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Sun Feb 10 13:28:26 CST 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, David Young wrote:

> > How about moving to DJB's TinyDNS?
>
> I steer clear of DJB's software.  He used to offer his software under
> a license that forbid modification, and I am leery of "public domain"
> software, <http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6225>.

I read Rosen's article, and found it to be confusing and unconvincing. I
found DJB's respondse ( http://cr.yp.to/publicdomain.html ) to make much
more sense.

Software isn't litter, and there's no reason in common sense why one can't
just give code away. Where law strays from common sense, one must be
suspicious, but always realize that there are defective laws everywhere.

I'll continue to use tinydns, and not be spooked by Rosen.