[CUOA-Announce] We need volunteers to help survey neighborhoods next week! July 28-August 1st

Safiya Umoja Noble safiyanoble at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 21:41:57 CDT 2009

A survey will be conducted door to door by volunteer surveyors who
will be visiting C-U neighborhood in the next few weeks.  We need 24
surveyors who can work a variety of shifts to encourage our community
members to take five minutes to answer a short survey. Answers to
these questions will help us obtain funding for our neighborhoods,
community centers, churches and organizations.

Our proposal to the Federal Government for Stimulus Funds is
predicated upon this survey and its results!

Training will take place on Tuesday, July 28th from 2-4pm.

Available shifts (you can volunteer for one or many!) are:

W/Th/Fr/Sat from 8:30am to 11:30am, 12:30pm to 4:30pm and 4:30 to
7:30pm. There are three shifts per day, and we will work on canvassing
neighborhoods each day. On Saturday, we will not have an evening shift.

If you can volunteer next week, please contact Safiya Noble at cuopenaccess at gmail.com
  as soon as possible.