[Dryerase] AGR--Addicted to War

Shawn G dr_broccoli at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 15:56:27 CST 2002

Asheville Global Report
www.AGRNews.org

Reprinting permitted for non profit use, and to members of the Dryerase news
wire.

Addicted to War:  An illustrated exposé of US bloodshed
By Ronald Sebilo-Tibbits

Nov. 25 (AGR)—  If you want to know more about current affairs and how the
US history in bloodshed has left us as scared and murderous as we are, then
Addicted To War: Why The US Can’t Kick Militarism, by Joe Andreas (AK Press)
is the place for you to start learning.
This 62-page illustrated exposé is accessible, entertaining, and revealing.
It’s quick-paced and to the point. It is packed with facts like the
ludicrous reality that “50.5% … of the federal governments discretionary
spending” is military spending and only “8%… is education spending.” It
presents a critical outlook on how the narrow and treacherous motivations of
corporations determine our local and foreign policy. The book shows how the
prevalent war mentality keeps the working class and the poor enslaved to the
bloody war machine on which corporations make bank.