[Imc-artists] Call to Artists: Arts Grants Applications

Nicole Pion nicole.pion at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:23:33 CDT 2009

Hello IMC artists,

The City of Urbana Public Arts Commission announces the launch of its Public
Arts Grants Program to support projects in the arts occurring in Urbana. The
Public Arts Grants Program will make funding available to artists, artist
teams, organizations, businesses, and festival presenters for eligible
projects that enrich the lives of Urbana residents and visitors.

Completed applications are due to the Community Development Services
Department by Monday, May 11th, 2009.  Applications are available
at:http://www.city.urbana.il.us/

If you are interested in applying, please let me know - some applications
request a letter or support from an organization. I'm also happy to read
over any ideas and proposals and give feedback.

The IMC will apply for funds for the IMC Film Fest under the Festivals
Grant.  Here is a lost of all the different grants:

   -

   *Here and Now:* 6-month grants with awards up to $1,500 for artists
   residing in Urbana
   Here and Now
Guidelines<http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/community_development/economic_development/public_arts_program/HereNow_Guidelines.pdf>and
   Application<http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/community_development/economic_development/public_arts_program/App_HereNow.pdf>
   -

   *Envision 365:* 12-month grants for larger projects with awards up to
   $2,500 open to all emerging and professional artists
   Envision 365
Guidelines<http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/community_development/economic_development/public_arts_program/Envision365_Guidelines.pdf>and
   Application<http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/community_development/economic_development/public_arts_program/App_Envision365.pdf>
   -

   *Creative Mix:* 12-month grants with awards up to $5,000 open to groups,
   ensembles and organizations
   Creative Mix
Guidelines<http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/community_development/economic_development/public_arts_program/CreativeMix_Guidelines.pdf>and
   Application<http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/community_development/economic_development/public_arts_program/App_CreativeMix.pdf>
   -

   *Festivals Grant: *12-month grant with awards up to $10,000 open to
   arts-related festival presenters
   Festivals Grant
Guidelines<http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/community_development/economic_development/public_arts_program/Festivals_Guidelines.pdf>and
   Application<http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/community_development/economic_development/public_arts_program/App_Festivals.pdf>

Let me know if you have any questions or interest in this opportunity!

Nicole

--
Nicole Pion
Outreach and Development Adviser