[Imc-artists] Studios at the IMC

Nicole Pion nicole.pion at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:20:20 CDT 2009

Hello artists collective!

I'm writing to ask you if you would help us spread the word about studio
space at the IMC.  If you don't already have a studio space here, are you
interested in having one or sharing one?  I have heard from a few artists
that they would like to share spaces since many of our studios are big.
Also, here are some of the resources the IMC offers.  Feel free to spread
the word...and please take advantage of these things yourselves!

At the UCIMC you can:

1.)*1.) Become an Artist in Residence*!  The UCIMC offers *low-cost studio
spaces* start at $195/month.  We have spaces suitable for private studios,
shared studios, and classroom space.  Please email Finance at ucimc.org or call
217-344-8820 to set up a tour of our available spaces!

2.)    *2.) Show work in our Gallery space*: the UCIMC’s is home to a 600
person performance space, including a stage and a bright, open area perfect
for art gallery openings.  We offer professional-quality lighting and sound
systems. Visit http://shows.ucimc.org/ for pictures, or contact us for a
tour!

3.)    *3.) Join the Artists’ Collective*: The IMC is home to an artists’
collective that hosts regular events, classes, and informal gatherings.  The
group has workshop and wood supplies.  We recently acquired a kiln and will
soon set up shop at the UCIMC.  Contact imc-artists at lists.chambana.net to
get involved.

4.)    *4.) Utilize our Media Outlets*: As supporters of the arts, we are
happy to get the word out about artists in our community!  The IMC is home
to a community radio station (rfu at lists.chambana.net), monthly news paper (
print at ucimc.org), open-publishing website (www.ucimc.org) and a production
studio (production at ucimc.org).  We are a community center with visitors
coming from all over – we offer several community bulletin boards and email
list-serves for announcements.

5.)    *5.) Sell work at our Sales Gallery*: This fall, the UCIMC will have
a full-time AmeriCorps volunteer facilitating arts and entertainment events
at the IMC.  This will include both music and visual arts events and gallery
sales.  Our preference will be to highlight local and emerging artists (
nicole at ucimc.org).

6.)    *6.) Receive Grant Writing Support*: The UCIMC currently has several
volunteers with expertise in grant writing.  We are happy to provide support
to our artists in residence wishing to expand their opportunities (
finance at ucimc.org).

Let me know if you have questions - feel free to email or call me
(217-344-8820).

Thanks!

Nicole

--