[Imc-girls] meeting minutes 4.20.04

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Apr 20 19:55:20 CDT 2004

RAGG meeting minutes 4.20.04

Molly, Shawn D, Anne, Michelle, Zoe G, Maggie

read carefully - there are lots of assignments in here for folks

RAGG Mag
--------------------------
Fliers at the IMC - everyone put them up
Submissions due April 28
We have 1 submissions with 3 more on the way

Kick-off Weekend
--------------------------
Dates:
May 29 unless IMC is booked then in which case it will be May 22

Press releases - Anne
- Send out - Anne
- can record for radio - DC can be audio engineer - Shawn D will be voice
WILL, WEFT, All Girlz Radio, 1580
- make Lori P announce kick off on community spotlight Channel 3
- public i info for may is DUE NOW - contact megan at ucimc.org ASAP

Schedule:
One day kick off - May 29 - Saturday
workshops 10 - 5
show - 8 - 11
clean up 11 - 12

Music:
Jennifer Riggs - from BarFly is excited about it - has own equipment
DJ Misses - Sally Mundy
Jenny Steward with Seth Vine - 2 on 2 out
DJ Betty Walker - Megan McCook at Cafe paradiso
Lacy

1 1/2 hours of show - MJ Walker and Fictive Kin - folk - they draw a good
crowd - Zoe will contact them
1 1/2 hours of DJing - Shawn will talk to Jennifer riggs about may 29

Workshops - run by womyn and girlz for womyn and girlz - organized by
Shawn and Danielle
MJ Walker - guitar workshop
Quilting in front room all day
Hair braiding - Shawn will contact folks who could come
Skateboarding - Danielle is talking to the city about use of the parking
deck
African Dance - Lisa Toms Vernon - works at centennial - has a dance
company - Shawn will contact
Beer tasting - womyn
Body awareness - Beth
Political Action - by Danielle and Kim

Party is open to all

Location:
OJC - anne and danielle will ask Friday
Channing-Murray - $10 per hour - must go through shows - must be out by
midnight - zoe will ask shows next week

Spaces:
IMC front room
IMC back room
IMC parking lot
Aikido Center
CIVITAS
parking deck

Signs:
Molly - paint
laminate from Kinkos
make banenrs on clotgh

KICK-OFF QUILTING CIRCLE IDEA:  I have a friend who's mother runs a
quilting circle.  They are interested in sharing this art with us.  I was
thinking - what if, during the kick-off event - the front room of the IMC
is "all quilting all day" - anyone can drop in and join the quilting
circle and add to the quilt whenever they want, and for however long they
want to stay.  Thoughts?

next week: talk about registration

Fundraising
--------------------------
FUND-RAISING THOUGHT - by Anne
In our fund-raising efforts, we should look to
supporting and being supported by women-owned businesses.  In particular,
I propose we approach local female-owned restaurants (Milo's, the new Thai
place, Miko, others?) with this:
 - they host a RAGG night - half the price of any entree purchased by
someone who says "I'm dining for RAGG" is donated to RAGG.
 - full price of any drinks, appetizers, desserts, etc., go to the
restaurant.
 - full price of entrees ordered by people not dining for RAGG go to the
resaurant.
 - RAGG markets the "Dining for RAGG" night to bring people into the
restaurant.
 - Restaurants are featured on the RAGG Supporters page of our website.
 - Restaurant owners get free admittance to RAGG workshops and events
during the year the host a "Dining for RAGG" event.

Web site and materials
--------------------------
RAGG fliers now exist!  - they are great - pick up and distro from IMC

Biz Cards - Michelle will make

WEBEASEL driven website:
we have consensus on the proposed donation
it will cost RAGG $120 to use WebEasel this year.
we get
-One FREE 12 page WebEasel license (value $750)
-%50 off monthly fees to be paid in one lump sum ($120), due June 1.
-At end of year, RAGG will assess it's financial situation, and will pay
regular monthly fees for the following year, if possible.