[Imc-girls] Thanks and Sorry

Anne Odom anne at webeasel.net
Tue Apr 27 09:28:25 CDT 2004

All:

Thanks to so many who responded to tell me that Zoe is "alternatively
schooled" (I think that was my favorite name for it).  Also thanks to
everyone who reminded me that she was marching on Washington (which I did
manage to remember myself, when I listened to the speeches on the radio
yesterday evening).

I glaringly showed my own assumptions yesterday, when I asked where Zoe
attended school - I was embarassed when I got the first message telling me
that she was home-schooled.  And, as I received more and more gentle, yet
correcting, messages, I just began to appreciate this group of women who so
tactfully handled my flippant question.

So - Zoe - when you get back and read all these messages - thanks for
marching on behalf of all of us who couldn't march (and thanks also to other
girlz and womyn who marched with Zoe).  I'll hold the press release until we
can talk about how (or if) you want to be identified in it...

Thanks,
Anne