[RAGG] RAGG meeting, 5/11/04

Shawn D. Williams sdwillms at students.uiuc.edu
Tue May 11 19:29:42 CDT 2004

THE LAUNCH IS UPON US! We need help! The following is notes from tonight's
meeting:

We need folks to pick up flyers and paint the town with them. The Flyers are
available at the Independent Media Center, 208 W. Main, downtown Urbana in the
RAGG mailbox. IMC hours are:

Wednesdays: noon-4, 6-9PM
Thursdays: 5:30-9PM
Saturday: 2-6PM
Sunday: 10-4PM

Materials collection: Tshirts (any solid color), old sheets, towels, fabrics
are needed that can be used for our workshops, banners, and logo displays.
These items can be dropped off at the IMC.

Stamps: Anne is inquiring about the cost of the ink. She already priced a
stamp for $3 (4x1) $5 (2x2) We need the tshirts, sheets, and fabric to put
stamp upon as a form of advertisement.

Beertasting: We are waiting for confirmation from Corkscrew to provide a
female host. If a female is not available, we will have a winetasting. Iron
Post is in the process of getting back to us about a time on Saturday, May 29.

WOrkshops: Confirmed: Political Action (one for girlz & one for womyn);
hairbraiding, and quilting

unconfirmed: Aikido, Skateboarding, sexuality

Restaurants: We have split a list of local downtown Urbana restaurants to call
and see if conference-goers could be given a 10% discount.

Michelle will call: Silvercreek, Courier Cafe, and Mirabelle
Shawn: Crane Alley, Todd & John's, Enzo's Pizza, Milos  (Lincoln Square Mall)
Anne: The Office, Siam Terrace, Embassy, Tang Dynasty

PSA: pending further info from local radio stations. They will be contacted by
members in attendance (Michelle will contact Molly for further information)

Peace

Shawn D. Williams